1. Instead of worrying about the things that you CANT control, focus on the things you CAN control.
2. Develop an internal, rather than an external, locus of control. People who have an external locus of control see other people and events as being in control of…
Robert Plutchik created a wheel of emotions in 1980 which consisted of 8 basic emotions and 8 advanced emotions each composed of 2 basic ones.
Eight Basic Emotions
Basic Emotion ⇄ Basic Opposite
- Joy ⇄ Sadness
- Trust ⇄ Disgust
- Fear ⇄ Anger
- Surprise ⇄ Anticipation
Combination of Basic Emotions (A + B) = Advanced Human Emotions (Opposite Advanced Emotion in Parentheses)
- Anticipation + Joy = Optimism (Disapproval)
- Joy + Trust = Love (Remorse)
- Trust + Fear = Submission (Contempt)
- Fear + Surprise = Awe (Aggression)
- Surprise + Sadness = Disappointment (Optimism)
- Sadness + Disgust = Remorse (Love)
- Disgust + Anger = Contempt (Submission)
- Anger + Anticipation = Aggression (Awe)
Image source: unknown
1. During early pregnancy, neurons develop at a rate of 250,000 neurons a minute.
2. The first sense to develop in utero is the sense of touch.
3. 60% of a baby’s energy goes into brain development.
4. Holding and cuddling…